Merry Christmas from the Clinnin's!! What a crazy week it has been for us! From last Friday on, we had something to do every day. Charlotte stayed at Grandma Clinnin's house Friday and Saturday night. Kevin and I went and saw A Christmas Carol on Friday night. We go and see it every year because that is what we did the night Kevin proposed to me..it's become a tradition. On Saturday, Kevin and I had a wedding to go to. Then on Sunday, we first went to Grandma Clinnin's for an early Christmas brunch and then Charlotte and I went to my side for a birthday party. I had intended on going home that night with Charlotte. But, at the birthday party...I decided it was way too windy and icy to drive home, so Charlotte and I stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Cannata's house. It was nice because Aunt Liz and Aunt Emily were home from college. Then, Charlotte stayed there for Monday and Tuesday night. We had our annual Festivus party on Tuesday, so Grandma and Grandpa watched her so we could prepare for the party. Finally..Christmas Eve arrived and I drove to my parents to get Charlotte and head over to Grandma Clinnin's for Chirstmas Eve dinner. Charlotte experienced her first Christmas present opening. Let's just say that Santa Claus only left one gift for Charlotte at our house because mommy had a feeling that he would be dropping of truckloads at her Grandparents houses! I think Charlotte liked the wrapping paper more than the gifts (at first). She got some wonderful and thoughtful gifts! By Christmas Eve, she was already a little off her sleep schedule. She napped well at Grandma's and she was sleeping when we left. So, when we got home around 12:30, I tried to transfer her to the crib and she didn't want any part of it. She was wide awake. We decided to exchange gifts...and she was up until 2:30! She just wouldn't go down! I guess it was a little early to try the "if you don't go to bed, Santa won't come" bit on her. Santa was very good to me, I am typing this blog entry on my new MacBook! Yea!
On Christmas, we were supposed to be at Grandma and Grandpa Cannata's around noon for our annual Christmas breakfast of eggs, bacon and all the works. We didn't quite make it for noon. I went to bed at 3:00 after she went down.. She got up at 9:00 and I went in and looked at her and said, "not a chance, lady..you only slept 6.5 hours!" I carried her back to bed with me and laid her down and we slept until 10:30. We made it to the burbs around 1:00.
All in all...I was very happy to wake up today and not have to put her in the car and take her to the suburbs :) Charlotte had a great Christmas and she is so close to crawling. We literally just stared at her all weekend because we were certain that she would do it any second.
We hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas. I will post some video of her opening gifts as soon as I figure out how to do it on this thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment