Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts lately! Charlotte was sick last week, she had a horrible cold. Last Monday night she started pulling on her ears, so I took her to the doctor to make sure she didn't have an ear infection. Luckily, she didn't...but she was still a snotty, sneezing, coughing mess. She is almost 8 months old and that was the first time we went to the doctor for sickness...not bad. She is finally getting over her illness, but she is TOTALLY off schedule. She has her days and nights mixed up again. I feel like we are back at 3 months. (As you can see, I am posting this close to 3:00 am). I am getting her up early tomorrow and we are staying up and getting back on track. Tomorrow will be a bad day...pray for me!
Kevin is in San Jose until Wednesday, so it is just Charlotte, Fenway and myself for a few days. Charlotte is crawling like a madwoman now! I can't even keep up with her. Plus, she has started pulling herself up on furniture. I will try to get a video tomorrow. I went to Babies 'R Us the other day and stocked up on all of the baby proofing items. I am really glad I did! I bought a "bumper" that goes around the glass top to our oval coffee table. She has already cracked her head on it about 3 times...without that bumper, we would have been at Children's Memorial for a head laceration! I also had to buy clear plastic shields that go over the stereo and DVD player...Charlotte's favorite things to play with. We don't have a large family room, so there aren't many places for her to crawl. I spend most of my day watching her crawl up to the TV and getting up and carrying her back to the blanket, only to watch her do it all over again.
Charlotte and I are starting "Mommy and Me Swimming Classes" on Wednesday. It's a half hour class once a week for 8 weeks. I think they just sing and play games in the pool...I'm not sure how much actual "swimming" is involved. I will report back, it should be fun. Hopefully, we can get Kevin to come one week to get some pictures and video.
I hope to post some pictures or videos tomorrow, but without my partner in crime around...my computer time is limited.
Happy New Year everyone! 2008 was pretty good to us....can't wait to see what 2009 brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment