Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy First Birthday, Charlotte!!!!

We can't believe that our little baby is a year old!!! Charlotte had a pretty good first birthday...the weather was awful, we would have liked to get out a little bit. For dinner, Kevin made her homemade macaroni and cheese (which she insisted on feeding herself with the spoon) and she polished it off with a birthday cupcake. Here are a few videos of her eating her cupcake...don't mind our singing in the first one :)

I can't believe a year ago today, I was afraid to hold her because I would drop her and now, she doesn't want to be held half the time!! I have to say, I am glad we figured out this whole "parenting thing" and made it through the first year with no major trauma!

Thanks to everyone who has been there to support us through this first year. It has gone by so quickly! We look forward to all of the years to come...remind me of this when she is a sassy teenager, okay??

Charlotte had her first year checkup yesterday, she checked in at 21 pounds 12 ounces and she was 30 inches long. She is doing GREAT developmentally, way ahead of the curve :) I found out why she has been a little crabby lately, she has 4 huge molars coming in! So, we are back on a motrin and oragel routine.

Happy First Birthday, Charlotte!! We love you!





















1 comment:

Shanahan Family said...

Great job on the cupcake Charlotte!