Monday, July 27, 2009

Charlotte's First Haircut

Today was Charlotte's first haircut!! I took her to this place down the street from us called Snippet's Mini Cuts. They specialize in kid's haircuts. All of the "chairs" are cars for them to sit in and there are TV's with Elmo playing to keep the kids entertained. I was so nervous because we were getting close to naptime and I wasn't sure how she was going to like it. She did AMAZING!!!! She was SO good. She didn't make one peep the entire time even though the little boy next to her was screaming his head off. She just kept looking over at him like, "What's your problem...this is fun!" Since it was her first haircut, they gave us a DVD with the entire haircut (made extra enjoyable by the screaming kid) and a little keepsake box with locks of her hair in it. I was really proud at how well she did, she didn't want to get out of the car in the end. She was in the "police cruiser" and all I could think about while she was getting her hair cut was my Grandfather (her Great-Grandfather) who was a Springfield, MA police officer. The car just reminded me of him so much, maybe he was there in spirit keeping Charlotte happy :)














































On Sunday, we had a very long and very busy day. Our house was chosen to be on a TV show on HGTV called House Hunters. The premise of the show is that they take a couple looking for a house and take them to three different places for sale and then they "choose" one in the end. Well, after we put our place on the market, we got a phonecall saying that the producers were interested in putting our place on the show. So, we agreed...after all, it couldn't hurt. They were filming our house on Sunday from 8:00 am until about 2:00. We had to be out by 8:00. I packed everything the night before so that I could simply get her out of her crib at 7:45, put her right in the car in her jammies and drive to my parents house, hoping she would sleep the extra 45 minutes in the car. No such luck. At 7:30, she must have heard Kevin and I walking around doing last minute straightening up. (Let me also mention that she was up from 2-4:00 the previous night) I still went through with putting her right in the car...she did not sleep the entire way like I had hoped. She didn't sleep at all! We got to my parents house and hung out for a while, Grandma made her some french toast and we went out of the deck and had breakfast. Then, she went down for her nap. Once she woke up, we went over to Grandma Clinnin's house for Aunt Mary's birthday party. Charlotte had a really good time. There was another little girl there, Sophia, who is about 20 months old. They had a really great time playing together. Here are some pictures from that day. We'll let you know when our show is going to air when we find out!





















































No comments: