I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone for all of their thoughts, prayers and help they have given our family over the past week or so. For those who don't know, I was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday (Aug 4th). I am having the same problems that I had when I was pregnant with Charlotte...and it ironically started happening during my 26th week of pregnancy, which was the exact same week it happened last time. Basically, my growing belly is putting pressure on my small bowel, causing continued obstructions. So, I was in the hospital for a week while the situation resolved itself...a lot of pain meds, a lot of fluid, a lot of nausea meds and a lot of rest. I am doing much better now. Unfortunately, if I keep eating, it will keep happening. So, they inserted a central line into my arm (a PICC line) and I will be fed through an IV at home until I deliver. I get all of the nutrition and calories that I need and the baby is doing great! He is moving and kicking like a little maniac. The IV runs for 12 hours each night. So, for the most part Charlotte is sleeping and it doesn't interfere with my ability to take care of her. I would never let anything get in the way of me giving the best care to Charlotte :) The hardest part of being in the hospital was being away from Charlotte for a week! She came to visit me a few times, but it wasn't the same. We even Skyped one day. It was hilarious. She kept looking away from the computer and then looking back and giving me this surprised look, like, "where did you come from!" But, I missed her like CRAZY. I think people were getting sick of me constantly calling saying, "What's she doing now? Is she doing anything funny?? What did she eat today??" Needless to say, I was so happy to see her yesterday when I finally came home. Her and I had a lot of fun getting reacquainted today. Despite my missing her, she had SO much fun with her daddy...I am not sure she missed me one bit!! They really had a lot of quality time together this week and Kevin really did a great job of handling everything on his own. It is so hard to do it all with no help...there are days I am praying for 5:00 so he can help me and there was no "5:00" for him last week...it was 24-7. Charlotte, dogs, house and all...he did a GREAT job! He called me one night and told me that he took her for a walk around the block...I assumed he meant in the stroller. Nope, he actually held her hand and they walked around the block. How cute!
I am trying to think of anything new or funny that she is doing...well, she will eat anything that has ketchup on it. Her Uncle Jon says that she gets that from him. She loves to "dip, dip, dip"in the ketchup. She actually will just stick her fingers in the ketchup and eat it...she loves it. She loves crystal light. I thought it was just that she wanted to drink whatever I was drinking and drink out of a "big girl glass." But, even if you put it in her sippy cup, she loves it. I think it's great, it's much better for her than juice. Lord help you if she sees you drinking a glass of it around her. She insists on sharing..she will just continue to point and yell. When she came to visit me in the hospital, Kevin had a bottle of Diet Pepsi and she really wanted some. She was sitting in my lap, so I figured I would give her some and she would hate it and she wouldn't want it anymore. She had a little sip and got a disgusted look on her face, but quickly went back for more. She was only getting little, little sips. On the second or third sip, she swallowed, looked at Kevin and I and went, "ahhhhhh..." It was hilarious! Where would she get that from? We really don't even drink pop at home! She also really loves to help me with the laundry. We have front loading machines, so she can actually reach the doors. I give her stuff out of the washer and she LOVES to throw it in the dryer. Unless it's her clothes, and then she needs to inspect it. She claps after every piece. Then, she really loves to press the buttons and laughs when the dryer starts..she knows she did it. What a big girl...and a big helper! Finally, she is really into reading books right now. She especially loves the books that have flaps with things hidden under them, or things she can feel. She has one book that has all different animals, each with a spot of "fur" or "skin" that she can touch. She demands we read it over and over and over again.
Thanks again for everyone's support!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment