Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween everyone!!! We had a great Halloween this year!!! Last year, Charlotte was too young to really participate in it, but this year we took her Trick or Treating!! She had the BEST time...so did we, it was so much fun watching her enjoy it. As you can tell from the pictures, we went with a "Bumble Bee" theme this year. Charlotte and the dogs were bees and Kevin and I were the "bee keepers." We had intended on just going to a few houses in the townhome complex across the street. We just wanted a few pictures and to be able to say, "we took her trick or treating" for the first time. Anyone who tells you that kids don't trick or treat in the city of Chicago has not been to Lincoln Park. This complex was "the place to bee (pun intended)." It was crazy! The police even blocked off vehicle traffic into the complex. There were kids EVERYWHERE!! It was so much fun. It took Charlotte about two houses to figure out what the deal was, but she caught on FAST. It wasn't long before she was running up to the next door with her little bag saying, "Treat Treat." (Her version of "Trick or Treat). You don't even have to ring doorbells at this complex, everyone is just sitting outside their doors passing out candy. We got SO many compliments and comments on our family costumes. People loved it, especially the dogs. Charlotte was so good about reaching gently into the candy bowls, taking one piece out and placing it in her bag. I thought for sure, she would want each and every piece she got immediately...but she just put it in the bag and started towards the next place. I had a hard time even making her stay with me and hold my hand..she wanted to RUN ahead..she had no fear! I kept saying, "do you want to go home now?" And she would say, "NO!" Her little bag was getting full and heavy so I kept trying to take it from her to carry for her and she would scream!! Kevin was like, "Just let her drag it on the ground...she wants to carry it!" Anyway, we stayed out for a good hour...she just wanted to keep going!

Well, this week will be an exciting week for our family...we will meet our newest little one on Tuesday! As of now, I have a c-section scheduled for Tuesday at 4:15. However, if someone who has an earlier slot than me delivers this weekend, I get their time. So, most of you should be hearing from us by Tuesday night! I will try to post pics from the hospital. I will have more time on my hands than planned since hospitals have now banned visitors from under 18 because of the H1N1 flu. So, Charlotte will not be able to come and visit her baby brother. I am bummed out because I was looking forward to seeing her...I will miss her terribly!! I know it's for the best..and to be honest, she would only want to climb on me, so it will be better for me to heal a bit before she sees me. Anyway, this will probably be our last post as a family of three! Talk to you soon!

































No comments: