As I have been reminded by several of you, yes...I have not updated the blog in quite a while, and I sincerely apologize. I am sure after I tell you all of the things we have been up to, you will understand. I last blogged shortly after Nathan was born. Nathan is now about 8 weeks old and it has been a whirlwind ever since we brought him home. He is starting to get better about sleeping at night, sometimes sleeping for 4-5 hours at a time. He is also very alert during the day. Just like Charlotte, he likes to be held and does not like to be put down at all! He is not a huge fan of his swing or his little vibrating chair. Eek... I need to find something that works so I can get some work done around this house! Charlotte is much better with him now. She likes to know where he is, often asking us, "Where's Nate?" She calls him Nate or Baby Nate. So, looks like Nate will be what we end up calling him, although I still really like Nathan.

So, a few weeks after Nathan was born, we celebrated his first major holiday, Thanksgiving. It was a great day and, in true Charlotte fashion, she refused to eat any of the food being served (except for a roll) so she feasted on PB&J. The Monday after Thanksgiving, Kevin and I flew out to Hawaii for his rewards trip. Grandma Clinnin and Aunt Colleen took the ENTIRE week off of work to watch both of them, can you believe it?? So generous!!! The trip was on the big island in Kona at the Four Seasons. We had a great trip, but missed our little ones so much! I tried not to call too much, but Colleen was nice enough to send me texts and picture messages every day. It made the time away much easier. It was especially frustrating when our flight home had mechanical problems and we were forced to stay in Kona another night (not as great as it sounds). We were so happy to finally be get home and hug our babies again!
The week we got home, Nathan had his one month check up. He weighed in at 9 lbs 12 oz and measured 22 1/4 inches long! He also had to get his Hepatitis vaccine. Charlotte had to tag along because she was due for her 2nd dose of the H1N1 vaccine. This was the first time I took them somewhere by myself (other then to my parents or something like that). We managed to survive and it gave me renewed hope that I can handle two little ones. Especially now that we have purchased our double stroller, which we did not have at the time of this visit.
That weekend, my brother Jon got married! So, it was a busy weekend with the rehearsal dinner and wedding and then visiting with out of town guests on Sunday. Charlotte and Nathan stayed at the hotel with us on Friday and then it was back to Grandma Clinnin's house for Saturday night. The wedding was beautiful and we all had so much fun!
One other thing we did this December was to go to Lincoln Park Zoo Lights. If you live in the Chicagoland area and haven't been, I would recommend going at least once! We had a great time and Charlotte LOVED it. She was all bundled up in her snowsuit and hat and gloves. They have a section of the zoo where the lights are choreographed to music and it is just amazing, she was dancing like crazy. I think she would have stayed there all night dancing. Little Nate didn't really see much as he was completely bundled up in the stroller...but he got a nice nap in!



We spent Christmas Eve at Grandma Clinnin's house, it was a great time. The only problem we had was keeping Charlotte away from the presents under the tree until it was time to open them. But, once she was allowed to go at it, she was a present opening machine. She got some really wonderful gifts, including an Elmo doll, clothes including a Red Sox outfit, some great books, some pearls to add to her ever growing strand, and many many more. She is so spoiled. Even Nathan was spoiled with lots of new clothes and a chair just like Charlotte's for when he is older! We all spent the night there as it didn't make sense to drive all the way back to the city to just drive back in the morning. So, Santa left all of the kid's gifts at Grandma's house! In the morning, Charlotte had her bottle and then went to see if Santa had come. I have put the video of her running in to see her gifts below. Santa brought her another Elmo doll and, most importantly, seasons 1 and 2 of iCarly on DVD. Charlotte is obsessed with iCarly, which is hysterical because it is a show geared toward preteens...she will watch it for hours and she laughs at all the right places. Boy, when she wants to watch iCarly..she will not take no for an answer. Mommy and Daddy were getting pretty sick of the one or two episodes that were kept "on demand" on Comcast, so we were glad that Santa was so thoughtful! It was a great morning.




Christmas morning, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Cannata's house to have our Christmas brunch and open all of the gifts that Santa left for them in Olympia Fields. After a huge brunch of eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, etc...we opened gifts. She was again spoiled rotten with a v-tech giraffe "stationary bike", a wagon full of blocks, books, clothes, etc. After a "family nap" we headed over to Aunt Trisha's house for dinner. It was a long couple of days and we were glad to be home on Christmas night..although Kevin and I were up really late unloading and unpacking two cars worth of stuff!
All in all, it has been a very busy holiday season for us. I hope to post again in the next few days reflecting on 2009 and what a year full of ups and downs it's been for us. Happy Holidays to everyone! Thanks again for checking in on our family, we are so blessed with family and friends.
Here is the video I promised a couple of posts ago of Charlotte meeting Nathan.
Here is the video I promised a couple of posts ago of Charlotte meeting Nathan.
Here is a video of Charlotte's most recent response when you say, "I love you" to her
No comments:
Post a Comment