Thursday, January 28, 2010

January Updates

I feel like I haven't posted in forever and that I should have a million things to report, but I just can't think of much! Maybe I should start keeping a little note pad with funny things that happen so that I remember to write about them later. I have gone from "pregnancy brain" to "mommy brain" and I think "mommy brain" may be much worse!!

Today was an exciting day for Charlotte and I. I signed her up for a gymnastics-type class and today was our first class! It is once a week at a place called "The Little Gym." The classes go from now until June. I wanted to do something with Charlotte, just something for the two of us...I wanted us to have a special mommy/daughter activity. Also, I wanted to do something with other kids...being a stay at home mom has so many advantages, but one of the disadvantages is that she doesn't get to interact with other kids as much as I would like. Plus, I wanted to do something to GET US OUT of this house!!!! January is hard, you are trapped and cabin fever has officially set in! The class was really good. It is held in this big, colorful room with lots of gymnastics equipment, mats, etc. When we first got there, the teacher told the parents that we should stay on the big red mat and keep doing the activities even if our kids start wandering off to explore. Her thought process is that they will look back at us, see us having fun and come back on their own. Well, who do you think was the one kid who was off exploring on her own the ENTIRE time? Yeah. So, I was the idiot mom doing most of the activities by myself. Charlotte came back when they broke out the parachute to play with. She spent most of the time trying to get into the supply closet where she saw some balls when the teacher went in to get something. But, I encouraged her to walk on the balance beam, hang from a bar, jump on a trampoline. I think she was into it...but the whole experience was overwhelming. I think she will get used to it eventually. Her teacher's name is Miss Liz...which totally screws her up! When I say, bring this to Liz, she is looking for her Aunt. Charlotte's favorite parts of class were the bubbles and the balls. We'll report more next week!

Nathan is doing GREAT! He is sleeping through the night (knock on wood). He has been for about a week. He doesn't usually go down until about 11:00 or 12:00, but he sleeps until about 9:00. He is still sleeping in his car seat. After about another week of sleeping though the night, I will get him into his pack and play...small steps. He is still very smiley...still a mama's boy. The gymnastics class will be good for him too...he gets to have daddy time for an hour a week. Not that he doesn't ever see his daddy, but this is a whole hour where mommy can't rush in when he starts crying. So, he is learning that daddy is an okay guy too. Daddy will feed him, daddy will change him, daddy will keep him safe...it's not just mommy who does that, and he needs to learn that!

That's all for now!















No comments: