Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh Charlotte...she is such a smartie

Charlotte did the cutest thing today. She was playing in her room with a little stuffed dog that our neighbor, Susan, gave her. She was sitting him up on the floor and saying, "Sit! Stay!!!" I was cleaning the kitchen and all the sudden I hear the pitter patter of Charlotte running into the kitchen and going into the cabinet. I said, "Charlotte, what do you need?" She said, "I need dog food!" Just as I was about to tell her to get out of here....I said, "OK..." and I got her a little plastic bowl and put a few pieces of dog food in it. She grabbed it from me, said "thanks" and ran back into her room. She set the food right in front of her dog and said, "Here you go!" I think she got this from being over at Susan's house...no matter what time of day she is there, she needs to feed the dogs. She goes into each cabinet and gets the bowls, the wet food, the dry food....it's like she thinks it's her little job. I took a picture for everyone!


I am very excited about a recent development with Nate. At his doctor's appointment, they told me that I need to start putting him down awake instead of rocking him to sleep and putting him down. They think that might be why he wakes up two times a night, because he doesn't know how to put himself to sleep. The only reason that I have avoided this in the past was because I didn't want to make him "cry it out" in our small condo. If he starts screaming at 3:00 am, it will surely wake Charlotte up and then I will have two children to deal with. The doctor just told me to wait until he's groggy and very tired and put him down. So, last night I waited until he was rubbing his eyes and I put him in the crib and turned the lights off. Sure enough, he rolled over and went to sleep after a few minutes of playing. I was so excited! Then, for both of his naps and bedtime tonight...I did the same and it is working!! He is putting himself to sleep. Yay!

No comments: