Saturday, November 26, 2011

Blog Hijack!


Hi Clinnin Family blog readers! I am Norman...Charlotte and Nathan's Elf on the Shelf. But, I have already gotten ahead of myself! Many of you might not know what an "Elf on the Shelf" is! Santa has sent me here from the North Pole to be Charlotte and Nathan's special elf! I sit around the house all day long and at night, I fly back to the North Pole to report back to Santa if the kids have been naughty or nice. I even have my own book written about me :) Every morning, I fly back to Downers Grove and find a new spot in the house to hang out for the day...the kids have to try and find me every morning.

I arrived in Downers Grove last night to meet the kids, introduce myself and get the holiday season started off on the right foot! I left the kids my book on the mantle that explained who I am and what the rules were. First, they needed to name me...after all, we are going to be together every Christmas season for a long time to come! After much debate and careful consideration, (Charlotte felt the name needed to be Christmasy and Elfy) she settled on Norman (which is arguably neither Christmasy nor Elfy). The kids can talk to me, but I cannot talk to them...and they are not allowed to touch me...it might make my magic disappear.

My book!! *Blushing* How many of you can say that you have your own book....I thought so!
My perched spot for today...Nathan spotted me right away, but it took Charlotte a few minutes. Today, I was just hanging out by the TV...but soon you may see me doing some more precarious things, maybe even causing some trouble, who knows??? Stay tuned!
She finally found me!
And, hey! Since I just sit here all day long and watch the kids, I've decided to hijack the Clinnin Family Blog until Christmas. Charlotte and Nathan's mom has so much to do this time of year, I am sure she will be glad to get this off her plate! Plus, how hard can it be...I've see her, she just sits in front of the computer with a glass of wine in hand and blogs away....EASY!
Norman the Elf...your guest blogger, reporting for duty! Can't wait to write for you all for a whole month!!

No comments: