Thursday, August 22, 2013

Charlotte's First Day of Kindergarten

Well, today was a milestone...Charlotte started Kindergarten!  Yesterday, her and I went for an hour to meet her teacher and set up her supplies.  But today, was the big day!  She will be at school from 7:30 to 2:15 every day from now on.  Everyone keeps asking if I am sad and I'm really not.  I don't mean to sound cold hearted...because you know I get sappy about hundreds of things daily.  But, this particular situation just doesn't upset me.  She's been going to school every day for 2 years (half days)  She's ready...and I'm ready.  This isn't really new for us.Although, there have been several times today where I have thought..."What's she doing now?  Has she eaten lunch yet, did she like her lunch?  Has she made a friend?" I can't wait for her to come home and tell me all about her new school, new friends, new teacher...  What I am not enjoying is our new morning routine!  She has to be in her seat and ready to learn by 7:50...so her backpack has to be in her locker, etc. This means, I need to drop her off around 7:30-7:40.  I'm getting her and Nate up by 6:45 to get dressed and eat breakfast.  In a few weeks, Nate will start school at 8:30...but for now, we head back home.  Today, I got more done by 10:00 than most people will do all day, lol! All sheets washed, house cleaned, dishes done, car picked up from repair shop...  I have a feeling I'll be getting a lot of organizing done around here this year!  In all seriousness..It does feel like just yesterday I was at Prentice delivering her.  She is such a big girl now and I am so excited for all of the great things to come for her.  I truly hope she has the best year and continues to love school and learning!  

Charlotte on her first day
 Charlotte's annual first day picture
 The "kit" her new teacher gave her for the first day
 The first lunch I've ever made for my girl (to take to school).  She'll normally get milk, but that won't start until next week.  Complete with notes from Mommy and Daddy.
 Getting ready to go!  
 What a yucky day to start school!  
 Waiting for the doors to open
 Charlotte hanging her backpack in her locker
 Charlotte in her classroom

No comments: