Saturday, October 19, 2013

2013 Christmas Ornaments

Monday was Columbus Day, so the kids were both out of school.  Monday was also Fenway's birthday.  So, we went to the pet food store to get a few treats for the dogs.  Right next to the pet store is a Hallmark store.  So, I decided since we were all there, we went in and we had the kids pick out their annual special ornament.  In case you are new to our blog or you have forgotten what we do every year...I take the kids to Hallmark and let them pick out a special ornament.  I try to steer them towards something that represents their year...maybe a character they loved or a special event that occurred.  It's always fun to see what they are drawn to.  Then, I purchase two of each ornament.  We put one on the tree and I pack away the other one with their name and year on the box.  When they are older and move out, I will give them their ornaments and they can have a set of special ornaments to start their new lives with.  Well, without further ado...here are the 2014 ornaments!

Charlotte picked out this Dr. Seuss "One Fish, Two Fish...Red Fish, Blue Fish" book as her special ornament.  We thought this was perfect, because 2013 was the year she learned to read!  Is she reading novels?  No.  But she is reading and it is very exciting!  I also got her an ornament that is a Crayola box of 64 crayons because she LOVES to draw...just loves it.  I couldn't resist!  


 Nathan chose this fire truck ornament.  One of the things he liked best this year was going to the fire station with his summer camp.  He really loved it and talks about it often.  There was also a Mike Wasowski ornament from Monsters Inc that we were considering, but the firetruck seemed more timeless :)

No comments: