Well, what a week I have had!!! Being both kids room parent is no big deal...until Christmas when you have to organize, plan and execute two separate parties, teacher gifts, crafts, etc. Friday was the day it all kind of came to a head. I had to go to Nate's school in the morning because his class was getting a very special visitor in a bright red suit. So, I had to be there to take pictures. His class ended at 10:50 and I had to be at Charlotte's school at 11:15 to start their party festivities. So, I dropped Nate off at home so Kevin could watch him and left immediately for Char's school. After her party, we had to run home and get Nate ready for gymnastics at 3:15. When I got home that afternoon, I was so excited for the week to be over! I was exhausted. I threw on some comfy clothes and sat down to have dinner and watch a Christmas movie.
However, all of the sudden, Charlotte looked at me and said, "What time is Scuba Santa?" I had totally forgotten it was that night. UGH!!!! It wasn't until 7:00...and the kids go to bed at 7:30ish. I tried to convince them it would be more fun to stay at home and cuddle and watch a movie in our warm jammies. But, they were having none of that. So, as much as I hated it....I got the kids ready to head to the YMCA for Scuba Santa. What is Scuba Santa? It's exactly what it sounds like...there are two Christmas trees in the pool...one in the shallow end and one at the bottom of the deep end. The kids decorate the trees with ornaments and santa is swimming around the pool in scuba gear! The kids were so excited. Their swimming has really improved by leaps and bounds this year. Their swimming teacher, Ms. Roberta was running it..so they really wanted to do it. They stayed for an hour decorating the trees. It was a lot of fun and I am glad that we went.
The kids with their swimming teacher. Also, can you see a blob of red under the water? Guess who that is?
Swimming out to the tree
Charlotte putting on an ornament
Doing some good swimming
Nate swimming out to the tree
Decking the Halls
Waiting in line to go again! The little girl on the left is in Nate's class. He was happy to see a classmate there!
Trying to keep each other warm while waiting in line
This poor kid was freezing, but he kept wanting to go again and again!
Making a heart out of candy cane ornaments
Reindeer swimmer!
Waiting in line!
To view a video of them swimming..click on the link below to go to YouTube




No comments:
Post a Comment