We are back from our weekend trip to Springfield, MA, where we visited Charlotte's Great Grandma (Nana). The trip was fantastic and Charlotte did great on the plane both there and back. On the way there, she fell asleep while we were waiting at the gate in Chicago and didn't wake up until we walked into Grandma's house. She slept through: boarding, the entire flight, getting the luggage, the rental car shuttle, getting the rental loaded and the drive to Grandma's from the airport! You wouldn't have even known there was an infant on the plane, she did that great. I was sooo nervous on the plane, I didn't know how she would react. But sure enough, just like the car, she was completely out. We had a great time visiting with all of our family out east. The first day we were there we made a pretty big discovery...Charlotte's first tooth!! She has been drooling like crazy and chewing on anything she can get her hands on. Well, I felt her gums and sure enough...there it was. Her bottom front tooth on the right finally poked through! (Update..she now has both bottom teeth!) As usual, Charlotte was the belle of the ball and everyone had a good time meeting her. For the most part, she was very happy and smiley the entire time. Out of the three nights we spent in the hotel, she only slept the entire night once. The other two, we were up from 1-4.
On Friday, we went right to Grandma's from the airport and had lunch (her famous chicken tortellini soup with meatballs...I craved it when I couldn't eat for 8 weeks). That evening, everyone came over for dinner. Saturday, we went to Tom and Nancy's house for dinner and Sunday was the big dinner back at Grandma's. I kid you not....this is what we ate: Spaghetti and Meatballs, broiled chicken, sausage and peppers, fried eggplant, eggplant parmigiana, zucchini, broccoli, calamari, bread, salad, spinach, roasted vegetables, green beans, roasted red peppers, tomatoes (and I know I am forgetting something). Then for dessert....pumpkin pie, three different types of cakes, cookies and canolis from La Fiorentina (The bakery where my Grandma and Grandpa got their wedding cake) and fruit. 6 weeks until Hawaii...did I plan this trip at a bad time or what?
Charlotte sleeping on the plane.
Charlotte with her hat!

Charlotte singing karaoke with Great Uncle Tom
Charlotte with Nana
Charlotte with Jessica and Joey
1 comment:
So glad little Charlotte was such a dream on the plane and to share her first tooth with family, how very special. I look forward to seeing both of those little teeth soon.
Post a Comment