Well, it is 2:30 am and we are leaving for the airport in 4 hours. I wish I could say that I am up for a good reason, but I kinda don't know what to do with myself without my Charlotte. You would all be very proud of me...I didn't cry when I dropped her off. However, I did have to shut the door to her bedroom when we got home because looking at it was making me sad. I know that she will be sooooo well cared for and spoiled beyond all belief this week! I will try to control myself and resist the urge to call multiple times a day. The house feels so empty without Charlotte and the dog. When I said goodbye to her, I told her not to do anything new or too cute while I was gone :)
Yesterday was Kevin's 31st birthday. He got kinda jipped this year. We were so busy trying to get everything ready, we really didn't have time to celebrate too much. I got up early in the morning and made him a nice birthday breakfast. Before he headed to work, he enjoyed an omelet, bacon, fruit and cinnamon rolls. After work, we went to his mom's house for dinner and dessert..it was a nice mini-celebration. However, it was short lived as we needed to get Charlotte to my parents (they are taking the first shift) and then get home to pack. Most of you know me as a huge planner and organizer. Well, Charlotte and Fenway were packed and ready to go days in advance...but I swear that Kevin and I didn't pack a thing until 10:00 this evening! It was enough to drive me to the brink of insanity. I think this is also the reason I can't sleep right now. I am convinced that because I waited until the last minute to pack, I am missing something huge. This wouldn't normally be a problem...but Lanai (the island we are going to) is VERY small. There aren't many stores. If I forget something important, I would either have to live without it or take a 45 minute ferry ride to Maui to get it. Eek. (Not to mention, it would cost 5x what I would pay here).
I will try to post from Hawaii a few times....It's very peaceful in the morning hours sitting out on the balcony, the perfect time to blog.
Yesterday was Kevin's 31st birthday. He got kinda jipped this year. We were so busy trying to get everything ready, we really didn't have time to celebrate too much. I got up early in the morning and made him a nice birthday breakfast. Before he headed to work, he enjoyed an omelet, bacon, fruit and cinnamon rolls. After work, we went to his mom's house for dinner and dessert..it was a nice mini-celebration. However, it was short lived as we needed to get Charlotte to my parents (they are taking the first shift) and then get home to pack. Most of you know me as a huge planner and organizer. Well, Charlotte and Fenway were packed and ready to go days in advance...but I swear that Kevin and I didn't pack a thing until 10:00 this evening! It was enough to drive me to the brink of insanity. I think this is also the reason I can't sleep right now. I am convinced that because I waited until the last minute to pack, I am missing something huge. This wouldn't normally be a problem...but Lanai (the island we are going to) is VERY small. There aren't many stores. If I forget something important, I would either have to live without it or take a 45 minute ferry ride to Maui to get it. Eek. (Not to mention, it would cost 5x what I would pay here).
I will try to post from Hawaii a few times....It's very peaceful in the morning hours sitting out on the balcony, the perfect time to blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment