Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mom's on Spring Break!!

Well, for those of you who don't know...I am taking a little "spring break" trip.  My sister, Liz, and I are in NYC for a few days.  We flew in this morning and, as you can tell from the picture, I am reminded of Charlotte everywhere!!

We have already done so much...St. Patrick's Cathedral, Magnolia Bakery, we saw The Lion King...  We are going to see Billy Elliot tomorrow and we are hoping to go see The Late Show with David Letterman either Monday or Tuesday (crossing our fingers that flirting with the audience coordinator worked...) We are also going on the NBC Studios tour.  So much to do!! It's actually good we are so busy, it helps me keep my mind off of little Charlotte.  She was staying at my parents house Friday and Saturday night and she will be spending the rest of the time with her daddy.  Kevin is really excited about getting some alone time with Charlotte.  I am trying to be really good and not Skype her or talk to her on the phone.  She tends to be "out of sight, out of mind" with me.  So, I don't want to take the chance of getting her upset if she can see or hear me.  Kevin and I found that out the hard way when I took the dogs out the other day..she started crying, so Kevin brought her over to the window so she could look out in the yard and see me.  She just stood at the window and bawled.  It was heartbreaking to say the least :(  

Here's a picture of me enjoying my red velvet cupcake from Magnolia Bakery in NYC.  Talk to everyone later!!





No comments: