Eek...six days, no posts. First of all, I'm sorry for the lapse!! As you can imagine, we are so busy over here, I can hardly keep my head above water! We have had so many appointments and things to, I am so exhausted by the end of the day...there is just no time for blogging. Also, the things that are going on in our lives are so mundane and boring, I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to read about it!! This past week, we have picked out some furniture, had it delivered (yay Darvin Furniture), had window treatments installed, endless unpacking/organizing/shopping trips, etc. Also, with Kevin's new job, he is constantly working. It's just so hard during the day to take care of the kids, take the dogs out, water the new sod, make phone calls for everything that needs to get done, feed the kids, etc. My head is spinning just thinking about it.
Our lives will become so much easier by the weekend because, hopefully, our new fence will be installed. Then, we will just be able to let the dogs out as opposed to having to walk them. Speaking of our new fence...our plans for the fence had a dramatic change this morning. This is hard to explain, so I hope you can visualize what I am talking about. If you are standing on our back patio looking out...our neighbors to our right already have a fence, so we can just put a gate and connect there. In the back is the grammar school and they have a chain link fence (hidden by a ton of foliage). To the left is open. So, our plans were to just put a fence on the left and connect to the chain link to seal off the yard and keep the dogs in. Simple and cheap (er)! (Because we really only had to pay for the left side). Fantastic...done and done. Until this morning.... Kevin came in from putting the sprinklers on and told me that (to spare you the gorey details) a rabbit (we think it was a rabbit) was dead..at the hands of a predator. I figured it must be the work of a coyote. OMG! A coyote??? A coyote killed a rabbit right under our window and we didn't hear anything. (Cue Panic and Irrationality).
I decided to talk to the neighbors. During naptime, I walked over to tell them about the backyard massacre. I was informed that, yes, two coyotes live in right next to the house...about 200 feet away. After calling Kevin, can you imagine who my next call was to??? The fence company. I said that we needed to seal off the back as well. Parts of the chain link fence only go to about 3 feet...a coyote can jump 6 feet. So, for the safety of the kids and dogs...we need to do the back as well. It pretty much doubles what we were going to spend on the fence...but we can cut in other areas to avoid a potentially tragic situation. Even with the fence, I am sure I will still be panicked about letting the dogs out unattended (kids will always be attended). I am sure Rupert would be a tasty snack for a coyote.
Anyway, Charlotte and Nathan seem to be adjusting well to the new house. I am hoping to have their playroom completed within the few weeks or so...can't wait to post pics for you all to see! I will also try to post pics of rooms as we finish them (or come near to finishing them).
Charlotte has throw iCarly to the wayside. She is now OBSESSED with Toy Story. Not just any Toy Story...but either Toy Story I or Toy Story II, depending on the day. The last few days, it has been Toy Story II (or "Red Toys" as she calls it...because the DVD case is red). God forbid we put in "Blue Toys" (Toy Story I). She knows. She is also such a good big sister. She is always looking out for Nate and telling me when she hears him crying on the monitor. When she sees him in the morning, she is so excited! She smothers him with hugs and kisses and he just loves it.
Nate is a man on the move. He is everywhere, pulling himself up on everything, eating everything. In fact, my mom has renamed him the "garbage disposal." That boy loves to eat!
I ventured out today with both kids on my own (trust me, I was scared to do it...) We went to Home Depot and Target. I want to make them a chalkboard in their playroom using chalkboard paint. Sooo cool! You just paint the wall and it is a chalkboard surface. Anyway, at Target..Nate reached a milestone. He sat in the front of the cart by himself. Char sat in the actual cart. Nate LOVED it!! He was smiling and laughing away. It was a whole new wold to him!
Sorry no pictures this time....I will try better for next post :)
No comments:
Post a Comment