What Halloween weekend is complete without a little "Trick or Treating"??? Since there are only two houses on our Cul-de-sac and the rest of the streets around us don't have sidewalks, we decided to go over to John and Denise's neighborhood to Trick or Treat. So, Pebbles and Bam Bam donned their costumes one last time and went out for some treats! Charlotte was an old pro at the Trick or Treating game. I forgot how much candy one cute little 2 year old can get when they smile and scream "Trick or TREAT!!!!" People were just dumping candy into her bag. She was so funny because she would always say, "Thank you...can I get one for Nathan??" I did not tell her to do that..she just wanted to make sure that Nate got his candy too (or she is smart enough to use Nate to get double candy...) I had to nicely explain at each house that Nathan is her brother in the wagon. Nate has a bit of a cold/cough/runny nose...probably from all of this outside activity. So, he just sat in the wagon and had a sucker while Kevin lugged him around. We had to stop about every two houses to wipe his nose..poor baby! We went to one house where the garage was open and there was a car in the driveway and seemed to have a lot of activity. When we were walking up to the door I noticed the passenger door to the car open and the seat was covered with towels and there was a garbage can on the floor. The guy was like.."You just made it under the wire...you are our last ones...my wife's water just broke we are on our way to the hospital." We were like, "Oh My God...well, good luck!!!" Charlotte had no interest in eating any of the candy when she got it...she just wanted to move onto the next house. One woman thought she was so cute she asked if she could take a picture of her. Her little bag filled up quickly and it was getting heavy, so I asked if I could carry it for her or if I could take some out and put it in the wagon....she screamed "NOOOOOOO!!!!" Okay! Lord almighty. She passed out on the 2 minute drive home. As I was carrying little Pebbles from the car up to her room..she opened her eyes just long enough to muster a quiet, "Where is my candy??" before passing right out again..
It was such a busy weekend...I am so glad it's over. We are totally "Halloween-ed out." We have a very busy and exciting week ahead of us. Nate is turning one and we have to prepare for his big bash!
Just to show you how loving and forgiving Nate is...earlier today Charlotte pushed him away from her "Lego Tower" because she thought he was going to knock it down. I promptly put her on a time out. If we are in the playroom, I open the door and she has to sit in the hallway outside the door for a few minutes. After I shut the door, Nate ran over to the door crying and pounding on the door, saying "Char-et, Char-et" He loves her so much. He didn't want her to go away. No one puts a smile on his face or makes him laugh the way that his big sister does. He truly loves and adores her!
Pebbles and her candy haul
Making her way from house to house
Nate along for the ride
Trick or Treat!!!
Checking in on Nate to make sure he was okay
The Flintstone-mobile making it's final run
No comments:
Post a Comment