Saturday, December 4, 2010

First Visit to See Santa Claus!

Today, we took the kids for their first visit with Santa!!! How did it go....well, you be the judge.
Every year, Bass Pro Shops in Bolingbrook has free pictures with Santa as well as crafts and tons of other activities that the kids can do. So, we decided to head over this afternoon and do the official rite of passage for any kid....the first picture with Santa. Charlotte was super excited...she was talking the whole way there about how she was going to ask for presents. When we got there, we discovered that we had to get a ticket for a specific time slot..so we had some time to kill before our turn. Charlotte saw Santa from afar and was still excited at the thought of meeting him. Well...as you can see, they both were NOT fans of Santa. They both freaked out. Nate was outright crying and Charlotte was more muffled sobs of fear. What did I do...laughed and continued to take pictures!!! I'm sorry, but that was damn funny. Kevin and I both agreed that we were secretly happy that they were both crying because it makes for a WAY better picture! These pictures are HILARIOUS! Hopefully there is no lasting damage because that would make me a really bad mom :)

Charlotte coloring a Christmas picture while waiting for our turn with Santa
Charlotte painting a Christmas ornament
Charlotte's snowman ornament..it's the first ornament she has ever made and I LOVE it!
Charlotte and Nate killing time in the speedboat
Hearing about Santa is one thing...meeting him is another.
The "Official" Bass Pro Shops Picture
I hear that Santa Claus is making an appearance at Grandma Clinnin's house on Christmas Eve...yikes, hope it goes better than this!!!

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

Hmmmmm, reminds me of a little girl a long time ago who waited in line with her parents for an hour to see Big Bird at Lincoln Mall. What do you think happened when she got up there????
Grandpa

Gina said...

See, I have NO recollection of that!! Hopefully, that means that this will cause no permanent damage. Or...is that why I freak out, huddle in a corner and cry everytime I see a yellow bird?