Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crabbiness

Well, how can I describe how things are going these days??

Nathan is just impossible these days. He is teething soooo badly. It seems like he is getting 5-6 teeth at once. He is crabby all day long. He is getting up every hour at night and the only way he sleeps more than that is if I bring him into the guest room with me to sleep. I miss my happy, smiley boy!! He is also becoming SUCH a handful. We have nicknamed him "Captain Mayhem." He is very destructive and isn't happy unless he is ripping things apart, destroying lego towers that Charlotte builds, tearing all of the pieces off of the new kitchen and throwing them. It's really wearing me down. But you can tell he thinks it's all a game and enjoys it the more I get upset. So, I try not to. We went on a play date to McDonald's today so the kids could all play in the playland area. The door to the play area is a double edged sword for me. It's motion sensor activated and opens automatically when you stand in front of it. Very nice when I am carrying a a child, a diaper bag and a tray of pancakes, coffee and juice. But it quickly becomes the bane of my existence once Nathan finishes eating. ALL he does is continuously run for the door and waits for it to open and he is off into the rest of the restaurant. So, I have to chase him down and bring him back. It does not make for a good time. I couldn't take it today, we had to leave.

Then there is Charlotte. Oh, that girl. I am not a huge fan of her newest phase. If she doesn't get what she wants, she looks at me and says, "I don't love you anymore, mommy." WOW! I mean, where would she even hear that to know to say it??? Kevin and I have NEVER said that to her. We were just dumbfounded that she said that. (She's said it to Kevin too). Although it stings a little bit, I know she really doesn't know what she is talking about. She said it to me last night and then a half hour later, when I was tucking her into bed and kissing her good night, she said "Mommy I love you SO much, don't ever leave me." She's very fickle :)

So, as you can probably tell...it's been a bad couple of "mommy weeks." Between the crappy weather, the sleepless nights, Nate's 24-7 crabby party and Charlotte's words of defiance...I haven't really been in the mood to blog, let alone take pictures. I hope to get out of this funk and post about fun times soon! I'm tired of this crabbiness that has gotten a hold of all of us!!!

No comments: