Over the last few weeks, I have had several "Oh God, let me explain" moments because of things that Charlotte has said... I really hope that people take things that a 3 year old says with a grain of salt!
Example #1 - When I lived in the city, I fell in love with my hair stylist, Joel. I followed him to two different salons...you know how hard it is to find a good stylist!! When I told him that I was moving to Downers Grove..he informed me that his mom lived in nearby Hinsdale and that he visits her every week. So, he offered to come to my house and do my hair so that I could continue to have him do it. It's a win-win! Well, Charlotte and Nate used to be shy and not overly welcoming to him. They would kind of hide in the playroom when he came over. But, now they know Joel...and they know he is super fun and awesome. They don't leave him alone from the time he comes in until the time he leaves. He came by last week for my normal cut and color and when he was done, Charlotte had set up a "tea party" for all of us in the playroom. So, Joel was nice enough to play along for a while and enjoy the tea party. He's so nice :) Later that day, I was dropping her off at preschool and when her teacher came out to get her, she said, "Hi Charlotte, how is your day going?" She said, "Great! Mommy's friend Joel came over to the house this morning and we had a tea party.." I kind of nervously laughed and followed it up by saying, "Yes, I am so lucky that my hairdresser, Joel, comes to my house to do my hair...nothing makes you feel better than fresh highlights!" Thanks, Char...let's tell everyone that Mommy had a male friend over that morning! FYI...anyone who knows Joel knows, I'm not exactly his type...if you get where I am going.
Example #2 - While waiting for gymnastics to start this week, Charlotte took a drink out of her sippy cup that I brought with us and she loudly says, "Mommy, this tastes like wine!" Oh God. I just hung my head. I mean, how do you even explain that away. How would she know what wine tastes like and why would she say that? She went into gymnastics and it took my like 15 minutes to figure out that she had just brushed her teeth before we went to gymnastics and her sippy cup contained raspberry lemonade crystal light (I SWEAR!). Well, we all know how lemonade or orange juice tastes after just brushing her teeth. But, it was too late...everyone there thought I was a terrible mom.
So, blog readers....promise me one thing. When you hear a toddler exclaim something that seems a little off...before you judge, realize there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation for it! And, I swear...I am not having an affair with my hairdresser and I am not giving my child wine to get through gymnastics!
1 comment:
love it!!!!
Post a Comment