Okay, Okay....when even my HUSBAND tells me that I am behind on the blog, I know it's serious! So, here we go! The long awaited and much overdue birthday post! This year, Nathan decided that he wanted a party based on one of his favorite movies, Gnomeo and Juliet. I know..you are thinking, what??? It's a really cute movie about garden gnomes. The red gnomes (Capulets) and the blue gnomes (Montagues). I think you can see where this is going...they are at war with each other, but there is one blue gnome and one red gnome who are in love. Only, this movie has a much happier/more kid friendly ending. So our party was based on a lot of "Red vs. Blue"
The dessert table...If you know me at all...you should not be surprised that I have lawnmowers hanging from the ceiling..
"Dirt" Pudding to go with the garden/backyard theme for the gnomes. Grandma Judy made the red and blue rice krispie treats!
I made these "grass" and "mushroom" cupcakes
Gnomeo and Juliet!
Grandma Judy's famous cookies!
Grandma Judy also sewed all of these awesome gnome hats...in addition to the curtains and tablecloth! She came over one day and I set up a Grandma sweat shop! I let her have coffee though..
Lawnmowers (you'd have to see the movie to understand the role of the lawnmowers) But I bought them on clearance and spray painted them
My niece...the cutest gnome!
As the night progresses, I fail to take pictures of anything..so I have to beg for iPhone pics the next day from everyone! Here is Nate enjoying his dirt pudding. His shirt says "Gnomeo"
My 4 year old gnome!
Juliet!
A stunned and slightly sugar crazed Gnomeo :)
Uncle Andy, Aunt Colleen and Annabelle
Our food was a lot of RED and BLUE things...or plays on red and blue. Kevin and I literally conceptualized this dish at 11:00 the night before..and it was probably the biggest hit of the party. We're that good.









1 comment:
All I can say is with all the work you put into a birthday party it is a good thing Charlotte and Nathan's birthdays are spread out. Awesome!!!!
Post a Comment