Saturday, March 6, 2010

Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere!!

One of Charlotte's favorite parts of gymnastics class is when they break out the bubbles. Charlotte (and most of the kids) starts screaming, "Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles!!!!" The bubble solution and blower that they use are not your average .89 cent bubbles that you get at Walgreen's. They have this cool blower that makes dozens and dozens of little bubbles and it gets the kids all worked up. Plus, the solution that they use is long lasting and really thick...so, I went online and bought the same ones so that we could do it at home every once in a while. We tried them out tonight and Charlotte was in heaven! Even little Nate was enjoying the show! She was screaming..."Make a big one, make a big one!!!" Also, "I catch them! I catch them!" So cute! It's a good little rainy day activity we can add to our repertoire.

You can also see from a few of the pictures that we had to move her little kitchen up to the next level. Check out the pics from May 2009 when she got the little kitchen from the Ott's and the Smith's for her first birthday. It was only one level..now that she is a big girl, we slid the top up and added the refrigerator and dishwasher at the bottom. It's the kitchen that "grows with you!"
Look at those dimples!!!! He's gonna be a lady killer!
Chillin' in my papasan, watching the bubble show!
Charlotte loves to talk on the phone. In fact, she demands that we call Grandma and Grandpa on a daily basis (Gamma and Gampa). She always talks about the same stuff to them...bubbles, balls, nastics, shakers...iCarly...(mostly iCarly) She most often wants to talk if she's in trouble...like Gamma is going to save her. So, after a time out she will go get the phone, hand it to me and say, "Call Gamma." Yesterday, she wanted to call them, but I knew they were out to eat at the weekly Friday Fish Fry..so I said, "Grandma is out eating fish." Then, today, she wanted to call again..so, I called and there was no answer, so I said, "Grandma must be in the shower." So, all day today, all I heard was, "Gamma eat fish, Gamma in shower..."

We were at "Gamma and Gampa's" on Friday afternoon for a little visit. When we got there, Grandma was out at the store and when she came home, she had a little surprise for Charlotte...a happy meal. But, not just ANY happy meal, McDonald's happens to be featuring iCarly toys in their happy meals right now!! It was like Charlotte's two favorite worlds collided: fries and iCarly. So, she's been walking around with Spencer's magic meatball (iCarly's version of the magic 8 ball that answers questions that you ask it) ever since. She is quite a site...her jammies, her rainboots (that she still refuses to take off) and her magic meatball.

Nate is still chugging along, the perfect baby. He's laughing and cooing up a storm. He loves his mommy and isn't afraid to show his displeasure if I'm not around. He loves when I kiss his cheeks...which I am more than happy to do several hundred times a day! In addition to rolling from tummy to back, he has also rolled from back to tummy a few times (a much harder task). I think he is starting to teethe or something, he constantly has his hands in his mouth. Charlotte cut her first tooth at 5 months, he is 4..so, we'll see. He is very strong and very big...sometimes, I can't believe he is only 4 months. I can't wait until his checkup to see where he stands with height and weight!

No comments: