Friday, September 3, 2010

Nate's 10 Months Old!


I am happy to declare that "Operation Bare Butt" was a complete success. Those of you losing sleep over the state of Nate's backside can now be at ease. He is almost totally healed, and thus much happier!! Nate is now 10 months old and he is just days from walking. He can stand on his own for a while and takes a step, but falls soon after. I can see it though...he is so close! We are all relieved that Nate is back to his happy smiley self.


Then there is our smarty pants, Miss Charlotte. I have been trying to write down some of the funny things she says so that I can remember to blog about them. Here are a few of her latest gems:

After Nate got a handful of her hair, "Mommy!!! He's fighting me in the hair!!!"

When she discovered her beloved ladybug nightlight was out of order, "Mommy!! My ladybug's broken! We gotta fix it, we need new batteries, go get 'em!"

After I raised my voice to her for doing something bad, "Mommy...take a breath, it's okay, I'm not mad at you."

When she saw Nate's diaper rash, "Oh Mommy, look at Natey's diapey...he hurts! Ohhhhh....."

When Kevin was telling her to go to bed (after getting out of bed for the 20th time), "Daddy, it's okay, take a breath, calm down, just go in the kitchen and make some food."

At Grandma and Grandpa's House when she spilled a freeze pop on the floor (after I told her not to run with it) and she laughed and I said, "It's not funny, Charlotte." She replied, "It sure is funny!" I was not amused at that.

Just a quick post to get you updated! Hope to have some fun this weekend and post about it soon :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

so precious, your little ones. And such a great idea to write down the really cute things that Charlotte says, and soon to be what Nat says.

Unknown said...

OMG i was laughing so hard at the "just calm down" comments by charlotte! too funny