Thursday, July 7, 2011

Holy Catch Up Post, Batman!!

Wow!! So, I guess I took a little unintended vacation from blogging for a week. The weather is so nice, we are spending time outside and it leaves little time for blogging. However, my camera was not on vacation, so I was still able to catch some shots of what we have been up to. So, I will try to catch you up on the last week or so.

Here is Nathan playing around with the photo booth app on my Mac
The kids have been swimming in their pool with the nice weather
The kids like to go in the pool, fill up their watering cans and proceed to water everything in the yard
The princess pool appears to have been a casualty of the tornado. There is a leak in it somewhere and I haven't found it yet..so we are making due with the pirate pool from last year.
Nate ready to fight off enemy pirates
When we had our landscaping done, we had a raised garden bed installed. We have al kinds of stuff planted...4 or 5 different kinds of tomatoes, red peppers, green peppers, cucumbers, poblanos, jalapenos, pumpkins, acorn squash, banana peppers, butternut squash, lettuce, green onions, spinach, eggplant and more!!

Most of our herbs are potted on the patio, but I threw a few basil plants in the garden..we love basil!!
Pablano pepper
Our beautiful pink hydrangeas....I love them, but boy do they need a lot of watering
Our patio
Banana Peppers
Our garden
Veggies aren't the only thing living in our garden!
We also went to our friend's daughters birthday party this past weekend. Happy 2nd birthday, Lanie!!! It was so hot that day, the kids had the reddest faces! Here is Nate giving Char a push in the swing
Here's our little bruiser. Notice the busted nose and black eyes..he fell off the bed...he's totally fine..we're just glad he did it after we took family pics for my mom's birthday gift!!
At grandma's birthday party...my mom was holding both kids and a piece of cake, Nate decided to help himself.
Who needs a fork??
Charlotte helping Grandma open her presents
Nate helping to lick the frosting off of the candles
Grandma and Nate
Grandma opening her gifts from the kids and grandkids...family pics! She loved them!
Grandpa holding the family pic up so Grandma could get a good look
Here are the two pics that we gave Grandma...I'll post the others when we get the CD...the photographer was nice enough to give me the rights to these two the same day we had them done...that way, we were able to get them printed and framed in time for the party.
Mommy is typing the blog post from her brand new Mac laptop....my last one was murdered at the hands of a hot cup of coffee. It was going to cost me more than half the cost of a new laptop to fix it...so, it didn't make sense. Nate and Char went to the Apple store with me to get the new laptop after they finished transferring all of my data. The workers were laughing at Nate who kept pointing and saying, "iPad, iPad!!" The kids were so good...right next to the store was a Disney store (which was having a sale) so Nate got two new buddies! (You can't just get Woody and not get Buzz!!!!) He has been sleeping with Woody and Buzz for the last few nights now! Char also got an Ariel doll and a princess tea set
When I pulled into the cul-de-sac after the Apple store, guess who was waiting to greet us....the friendly coyote. You can tell how scared he was of me by how close I got to take the picture (I took it with my phone from the car) I was honking at him to try and scare him off...he just laughed at me.
Yesterday we took some bleach to my friend's pet boutique...they were having a bleach drive for the West Suburban Humane Society
And...finally.....here is Charlotte holding our first cucumber from the garden!!! It's huge!

No comments: