Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Picture Catch Up

Sorry, readers...I just haven't felt very "bloggy" lately. I have been consumed with other things and I just haven't felt like updating...and a few people have called me out on it. Ugh, I apologize :) Here are a few pics from what we have been up to:

We've been outside enjoying our new swingset!
This is Nate being pouty because he wants me to lift him down...he won't go down the slide, he's scare of it. He goes down slides at the park...just not this one. I think the "twistiness" of it scares him.
Climbing the rock wall
Finally a smile!
Nate always cheeses for the camera for mommy!
Look who's swimming in Uncle Jon's pool!!!
No more scaredy cat for Charlotte!
Having fun in the pool with Uncle Jon
Glad she beat her fears...so proud of her!
Charlotte and I went to the St. Agnes fest on Sunday for a while to help support Grandma's school. Here is Char getting a rainbow painted on her face.
Look at that GINORMOUS piece of cake!!
Even she is shocked!
This is what happens when you don't check the garden close enough. You find an 18 inch cucumber hiding in plain sight!
Huge!
It's half the size of Nate!
Today was Charlotte's last ballet class and the parents were invited to come in for the class and take pics. I didn't know about this because Aunt Emily took Char to class last week. Sooo...thankfully I had my camera in tow. But, I also had Nate in tow. For some reason, I grabbed my iPad on the way out and he was pretty good! He was a great audience member :)
Here is Char and her friend, Abby
Nate was mimicking the girls and doing his own moves
This was during the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" dance. Char was the sun..so when they said, "Out came the sun" she popped up and danced around.
Char was hiking up her skirt because she knew that it irritated me. I would motion for her to fix it and she would hike it up higher and laugh.
Trying to do an arabesque
They were doing a dance to "Rock a bye baby" and Nate laid down on the floor and pretended to sleep! Such a cute nugget!
Char smiling for the camera. She was pretty good with ballet, but has trouble listening and has her own agenda...it was a little embarrassing. I don't know where she gets it from..I was certainly never like that in class! :)

Charlotte's new favorite show is Peppa Pig. It's a British cartoon about pigs. She loves it and now walks around talking in a British accent. The other day she asked me to add biscuits to the shopping list. She also wanted to know where the rubbish was and when we were going on our next holiday. I didn't have the heart to tell her that mommy and daddy are going on holiday this weekend...just not with her :) We are headed to a wedding in Rhode Island with my whole family. So, Char and Nate are attending Camp Grandma this weekend and are very excited for her to come and spend time with them!!

Nate is talking up a storm and it's so exciting to finally have "conversations" with him and to understand what he wants or needs. Nate loves talking on the phone and screams whenever I am on the phone with anyone because he wants to say hello. Only, the first thing he says whenever he gets on the phone is, "Hi, I fell down the stairs" in a sad voice. Um, what??? No you didn't!!!! Stop telling every single person that every time you are on the phone!! People are going to think that I am beating this kid!! Today, Liz called and he said, "Hi Liz...I fell off the swingset." Huh???? Oh lord...

Char is really turning into a great big sister. She loves Nate so much and is always looking out for him. She often serves as his translator if someone can't understand him..she makes sure that he gets what he needs. It's so cute!

I have to get better about blogging or even mini blogging. The kids are saying and doing hilarious things now and I can't remember them when I finally sit down to blog...I'll make that my "fall resolution."

No comments: