Sunday, May 20, 2012

4 Year Old Checkup

Friday morning was Charlotte's four year checkup.  She was very upset about having to go to the doctor.  She was all worked up about having to get a shot.  She was sobbing.  All morning long, leading up to her appointment, she was sobbing and hiding from me.  She kept asking me if she was going to have to get a shot..I didn't want to lie to her, so I gave her the honest answer of "I don't know."  I assumed it was yes, but I really did't know for sure.  She weighed in at 38 pounds and measured 3 ft and 4.5 inches.  As you can see from the pictures, she has a gash on her cheek.  We can thank Nathan for that..he threw an iPad at her.  I really want to thank my son for doing that 2 days before a pediatrician visit...it's always good to show up to the doctor's office with fresh facial lacerations.  The big moment came...she was going to need 2 vaccines, one in each arm.  The nurse told her to look away and she did it.  Not a peep.  She looked at me and said, "That's it? That wasn't so bad!"  All of that crying and scheming...for nothing!  
All gowned up and ready for the doctor
 Mommy...no shots!
 Waiting for the doctor to come in
 She brought her new American girl doll, McKenna, with for comfort.  McKenna was a gift from our awesome neighbors.  So sweet!  

No comments: