Monday, April 1, 2013

While Mommy's Away...

Well, we are having another long string of bad luck in the Clinnin house.  The kids were sick with their issues last week...and what made it extra hard for me to care for them was the fact that I was in a lot of pain.  I've been having stomach pain for a while and it finally got to the point where the medicine that they were giving me wasn't working and I couldn't manage it at home anymore, so I've been in the hospital since Friday.  

Coming to the hospital was good because I am able to get the drugs I need to stay out of pain, but it really sucks coming in on a Friday evening....and a holiday weekend no less.  Nothing gets accomplished on the weekends.  The "backup" doctors are here and everything moves at a snail's pace. So, it's frustrating.  I have been waiting since I was admitted to get a test done by Interventional Radiology, but they don't work weekends unless it's an emergency..and I was not.  So, hopefully, they will get that test done today and we will know something.  

So, I had to miss Easter.  I figured I was going to miss it.  On Friday, before Kevin drove me to the ER, I got the kids baskets ready.  The kids have been up to visit me a bunch of times.  It's so cute, they just climb right up into bed with me and climb under the covers to snuggle.  They weren't scared of the surroundings or anything.  It's hard because Charlotte gets really upset when it's time to leave.  She cries and it just breaks my heart.  We have tried to FaceTime a lot, but the connection isn't that great.  

Kevin has been pulling daddy duty all weekend and he is doing a great job!  They have dyed Easter eggs, played outside, gone out to eat.  They are having a great time.  So, that makes me feel better knowing they are in great hands and having fun.  

I will update when I know more!  
Nate outside playing with the chalk
Char and Nate on Easter at Aunt Trish's house.  Daddy did a good job picking out outfits and doing hair!
Having hot dogs at Portillos after visiting mommy!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

gina - thinking of you! i had no idea. hope you feel better. are you @ northwestern in city? if so, let me know if i can do anything!

Nicole