Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Beautiful Day for a Trip to the Bookstore

Hello everyone!! Today was gorgeous outside..so, Charlotte and I decided to take a walk to Barnes and Noble. We needed a few gifts for people and it was the perfect distance for a good walk. Never having kids, I never had a reason to go into the Children's section before...it is WONDERFUL!! I just wanted to sit there with her all day and read the books. We had a great time and Charlotte was talking up a storm in the store. I am sure it is fun for her to go somewhere new and look around. Funny story..so, when I was practically living at Northwestern Memorial during my 3rd trimester, I had a nurse, Gail, who was so nice. We would just talk all the time (I had nothing else to do). Well, one day we got to talking about where we lived and it turns out she lives like 8 houses down from us. Weird. She has a little girl too (older than Charlotte). I saw here out walking her daughter today. I was telling Kevin that when I saw her, I had "stroller envy." She had one of those really fab ones that you see the celebrities using in magazines. He just rolled his eyes and walked away...men.

Later on in the evening..I went to Target and left Charlotte to have some quality time with daddy. When I came home, Kevin informed me that she had a "No Mommy Meltdown." But, they listened to the iPod and worked it out. She was sleeping by the time I got home. My posts have been a little short and rushed lately...our internet connection is horrible...Thank you very much, Comcast. So, I will be waiting patiently between 4-6 tomorrow for their arrival. Nothing better than dealing with Comcast, let me tell you. If he gives me any lip, I am going to say, "Look, my husband works from home and all..but I am really concerned about my blog, so let's get this fixed, okay? The grandparents are waiting!" Have a great day everyone! Enjoy these last few days of summer.

No comments: