Well, first of all...I have to tell you about a very important developmental step that Charlotte had! She started reaching for toys! As you can see in the picture, she is grabbing Winnie the Pooh's nose. It may not seem like a big deal..but, let me tell you the worry this has caused me. According to the "books," she was supposed to be reaching for toys by the third month. So, on the exact day she turned 3 months old...I freaked out and said, "What's wrong with her?? Why isn't she reaching for toys??? She's behind!!!" So, I quickly gave Kevin the baby and a rattle and sent them off to the bedroom to practice reaching... I know I am crazy. But, I am relieved that she is reaching now...phew. Today was a long and crazy day for Charlotte. Her Aunt Mary came over this morning so that we could go and design a purse at 1154 Lill Studio (highly recommended if you haven't done it). Later in the day, we took Charlotte's first trip to the grocery store. We placed her carseat in the basket and she sat there happily as we pushed her through the aisles. I am sure there was plenty to look at from her perspective! She was laughing up a storm and having a great time. It also cut down on the grocery bill as I could only buy what would fit in the cart around her. Later in the day, Colleen, Andy, and Phil came up to the city and we all went out to dinner at a little Italian place a few blocks away. Charlotte did great at the restaurant! She slept though dinner and then had a minor meltdown as dessert arrived. I had to take her home, so I missed dessert...but I was so proud of her for making it through dinner. In true Charlotte fashion...she screamed bloody murder the entire way home (to the point where I was sure someone was going to call the Chicago Police for a suspected baby snatching or child abuse) and then the minute we walked into the house..she stopped. Fenway also had a great day because Mary brought their lab/beagle, Charlie, over! The two of them went to day camp together and then stayed at our place while we went to dinner. Those two are a riot..they are like BDFF (Best Doggie Friends Forever). All in all, it was a great day. Charlotte is still mixed up with days and nights..so we will see how today goes.
Happy Friday Everyone!
Gina
Happy Friday Everyone!
Gina
No comments:
Post a Comment