Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our First Playdate....almost

Today was supposed to be our first official playdate with the Chicago Stay at Home Moms Group. This Stay at Home Moms Group has about 500 members across Chicago and they have several events going on each day. Kevin has been bugging me to get out a meet other moms in the neighborhood. There was a "Babies on Blankets" event at a park just a few blocks away....so we decided to sign up for it and go. It was at 2:00. So, Charlotte and I woke up at 1:00 from our mid-morning nap...I raced in the shower to get ready so that we could be there by 2:00. I got all dressed, got Charlotte dressed, got packed and hauled everything down to our vestibule (all in impressive time, mind you). I pulled the stroller out of the vestibule closet and carried it outside to set up when I saw the telltale spots on the sidewalk...it was raining. I couldn't believe it! It was just barely sprinkling, but I couldn't take the chance that we would get there and it would start pouring. So, our first playdate was a bust. But, luckily, this group has sooo many different things each day..I am sure we will find another event soon. That was going to be the thing that I was going to blog about today...so, now I've really got nothing.

Charlotte is 14 weeks old today, can you believe it?? Tonight, we gave Charlotte a bath. She is really hit or miss with bath time. Sometimes she loves it and sometimes she hates it. And..today was an "I hate it" day. Once I got her PJ's on, she was back to laughing again. Word is that Emily got to U of I safely and is all settled in her new room. Her roommate and her both showed up with the same sheets...so, I think it's a sign that they will be good friends! Talk to everyone soon!

No comments: