Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Doggie" Days of Summer

Well, today was a first for all of us. We took Fenway to our local dog park, Wiggly Field! It was a beautiful day (besides the constant feeling that you are in World War II because of the jets flying overhead). Fenway wasn't as excited to be at a dog park as I would have expected. I think she was just exhausted from being at Day Camp with Charlie yesterday. She ran around a little bit, but mostly stayed by the stroller with us. If she wasn't so tired from yesterday, I would think she was protecting Charlotte from all of those other dogs. The only time she seemed excited to interact with another dog was when another puggle showed up. She is usually a social butterfly. Maybe we will try the park again soon. I've attached a few pics.

In other news...Charlotte slept great last night! We went to bed around midnight and got up at 4:30 for a feeding. Then, she went back down around 6:00 and didn't wake up until 1:00! Now, we just need to shift the start time a little earlier and we will be all set! Check out the pic of her in her car seat at the dog park...her eyes don't seem to be changing at all. I think we have a little blue eyed baby on our hands. I really though my Italian genes would come in and take over, but those recessive Irish genes are holding strong. Kevin is worried about having a little brown haired-blue eyed baby..he thinks she'll like Elizabeth Taylor and he will have to beat boys off with a stick. Every man's worst nightmare...a daughter dating boys like they used to be. I think Kevin secretly wanted a boy first so he could have an ally in his attempt to fend off the boys. Nothing is worse than having to deal with a father AND an older brother.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Gina















No comments: